Out and about03/07/17 04:26:am
Dr. Jerry Halverson, medical director for the Oconomowoc campus and the FOCUS Adult Mood Disorders Program, is speaking at the BizTimes Wellness Summit in Milwaukee on March 17, 2017. Dr. Halverson will discuss common issues in workplace mental health and ways that employers can help their employees maintain wellness.
Multiple staff members presented at the 2017 Wisconsin School Counselor Association’s Annual Conference in Madison, Wisconsin:
- Carissa Buchanan and Lisa Herpolsheimer with the Nashotah program will co-present “Introduction to Dialectical Behavior Therapy: Applying DBT Skills and Philosophy in the School Setting”
- Katie Brindowski and Darcie Rowe from Rogers–West Allis will co-present “Managing Suicide and Self-Harm Risk in Late Elementary and Middle School Aged Youth”
- Karin Beal, social worker at Rogers–Oconomowoc, will present the sessions “We've Tried Everything - Why Isn't This Child Changing?” and “Practical Tips for the Classroom”
- Dr. David Jacobi, clinical supervisor of the Child Center, and Dr. Heather Jones, clinical supervisor of the Adolescent Center for OCD and Anxiety, will co-present “Child & Adolescent Anxiety: Identification, Intervention, and Parent Education”
- Maxine Cimperman, RD, and Amber Mixon, behavioral specialist, both with Rogers-Oconomowoc, presented on “Eating Disorders in Schools: How to Recognize and Address.”
If you or a colleague are doing a presentation, please let us know, and we’ll include it in future editions of Insight under Colleagues Corner. Please send details to Rogersnews@rogersbh.org(link sends e-mail).